For MBA graduates seeking career opportunities in today’s marketplace, job prospects are good, according to a 2016 year-end poll of employers by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). Survey responses came from 167 recruiters in 140 companies of varying sizes and industry sectors, including 36 Fortune 500 companies and the Big Four consulting groups.
Among the key findings: Nearly 80 percent of employers plan to hire MBA graduates in 2017, compared to just 68 percent in 2016. A majority of employers also intend to increase starting annual base salaries — either at or above the rate of inflation — for new hires.
Another noteworthy study result focused on organizational goals. “Improve performance/productivity” topped the 2017 list, cited by 74 percent of employers, among goals such as “expand customer base,” “reduce costs,” “launch new products/services,” “improve customer service,” and “expand geographically.”
Consistent with the expectations of employers today, the Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi Master of Business Administration degree is structured to help you meet the hiring requirements that companies identify as their highest priority — improving organizational performance and productivity.
About the Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi MBA Degree
Through this online MBA program, you can achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Provide leadership to teams working in collaborative problem-solving situations.
- Solve problems using analysis-based, decision-making tools.
- Analyze and synthesize the integration of business functions in complex organizations, diverse cultural settings, and the global marketplace.
- Communicate with varied audiences effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Resolve ethical and governance issues in a socially responsible manner.
The TAMU-CC MBA program is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). It enables you to develop the analytical, technology and communication skills to enhance your career and improve your earning potential. And you’ll have the support of faculty members committed to your success.
How an MBA Can Enhance a Company’s Business Objectives
TAMU-CC’s MBA program focuses on prospective employers’ needs. It supports graduates with the real-world advice and knowledge needed to aid in a company’s success by boosting its performance and productivity. An MBA degree offers the following benefits:
- Transferable skills. Competencies strengthened during an MBA include leadership, creativity, analysis, critical thinking and communication. These skills can help you work in various industries including tech, healthcare, consumer goods, government and the nonprofit sector.
- Higher employment rates and increased job security. Business school graduates are in demand. GMAC poll respondents noted that recruiting MBA graduates is a priority for their companies and a vital component in their hiring strategies. An MBA is also a differentiator in a crowded marketplace. Corporate recruiters report that some of their clients will not consider candidates who lack an MBA. Business leaders recognize that MBA graduates bring a valued skill set and business savvy to the job from day one.
- Opportunities to specialize in a specific area.You can explore specializations or concentrations to uncover more about a particular industry. These courses provide an opportunity to explore different industries or career paths to identify the right one for you. At Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, you have the option of specializing in Healthcare Administration or Finance for your MBA.
- Business networking opportunities. Through the MBA program, you can broaden your experience by interacting with others from around the world to enhance your knowledge of different business practices, cultures and points of view. Online MBA studies provide valuable connections — inside and outside the virtual classroom. These connections hold the potential for future sales and new learning.
Companies focused on performance optimization and cost control are searching for business school graduates with relevant expertise. By completing the TAMU-CC online MBA, you can add skills related to improving organizational performance and productivity to the top of your resume.
Learn more about the TAMU-CC online MBA programs.