Job prospects are good for Master of Business Administration (MBA) graduates seeking career opportunities in today’s marketplace, according to the 2022 Corporate Recruiters Survey from the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). Survey responses came from 539 corporate recruiters and 402 staffing firm professionals, representing companies from 38 countries worldwide. Respondent companies varied in size, scope and industry sector. In the U.S., 79 respondents represented Global Fortune 500 companies and 69 represented Global Fortune 100 companies.
Clearly, GMAC’s survey provides a snapshot of the hiring perspectives of many of the world’s most influential companies. Among the key findings: Roughly 92% of recruiters and 95% of staffing firms planned to hire new MBA grads in 2022. The 2022 year also saw evolving benefit packages such as signing bonuses and educational assistance being offered to attract qualified talent. Plus, a majority of recruiters believe that “demand for new business school talent will increase in the next five years.”
Another noteworthy study result focused on performance and expectations for employees with graduate business degrees versus those with “micro-credentials” only. A majority of survey respondents agreed that employees with a graduate business degree are more likely to be successful in the organization and tend to outperform employees with micro-credentials only. All of this suggests the value that top employers place on graduate-level business education and the impact MBA-prepared employees can have on an organization.
Consistent with the perspectives of employers today, the Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi (TAMU-CC) online MBA degree programs are designed to help you develop the skills and knowledge needed to perform at the level companies expect, thus improving overall organizational performance and productivity.
About the Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi MBA Degree
According to TAMU-CC’s program description for the general online MBA, upon graduating, you will be equipped to do the following:
- Provide leadership to teams working in collaborative problem-solving situations
- Solve problems using analysis-based, decision-making tools
- Analyze and synthesize the integration of business functions in complex organizations, diverse cultural settings and the global marketplace
- Communicate with varied audiences effectively, both orally and in writing
- Resolve ethical and governance issues in a socially responsible manner
The TAMU-CC MBA program is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and can be completed in as few as 12 months. It enables you to develop the analytical, technology and communication skills to enhance your career and improve your earning potential. And you’ll have the support of faculty members committed to your success.
How an MBA Can Enhance a Company’s Business Objectives
TAMU-CC’s MBA program focuses on prospective employers’ needs and the skills they look for in candidates. It supports graduates with the real-world advice and knowledge needed to aid in a company’s success by boosting its performance and productivity. An MBA degree offers the following benefits:
- Transferable skills. Competencies strengthened during an MBA include leadership, creativity, analysis, critical thinking and communication. Skills like these can help you work in various industries including tech, healthcare, consumer goods, government and the nonprofit sector.
- Higher employment rates and increased job security. Business school graduates are in demand. GMAC survey respondents noted that recruiting MBA graduates is a priority for their companies and a vital component in their hiring strategies. An MBA is also a differentiator in a crowded marketplace. Business leaders recognize that MBA graduates bring a valued skill set and business savvy to the job from day one.
- Opportunities to specialize in a specific area. You can explore specializations or concentrations to uncover more about a particular industry. These courses provide an opportunity to explore different industries or career paths to identify the right one for you. For instance, at TAMU-CC, you have the option of earning a general MBA or specializing your online MBA in Accounting, Data Analytics, Finance, Healthcare Administration, International Business or Management.
- Business networking opportunities. Through the MBA program, you can broaden your experience by interacting with others from around the world to enhance your knowledge of different business practices, cultures and points of view. Online MBA studies provide valuable connections — inside and outside the virtual classroom. These connections hold the potential for future sales and new learning.
- Business technology expertise. Through the core course Software-Based Business Solutions, you can develop your understanding of and competence with the technologies that drive business performance and productivity in the digital era.
Companies focused on performance optimization and cost control are searching for business school graduates with relevant expertise. By completing the TAMU-CC online MBA, you can add skills related to improving organizational performance and productivity to the top of your resume.
Learn more about the TAMU-CC online MBA programs.