Skip to content
877-588-3295  |  Course Login
Apply Now

FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions

Below is a listing of frequently asked questions arranged by topic.

Open All

Admission FAQs

How do I check my application status?

Students can track their application status via the Islander AppCheck. Applicants must have Student ID.

Do I have to take the GMAT or the GRE?

GMAT/GRE waivers are available for eligible applicants. Please see Admission Requirements.

How do I pay for my application fee?

Students can pay either by:

Which states have granted TAMU-CC enrollment authorization?

Out-of-state residents, before applying please check here to see if TAMU-CC has authorization to enroll online students from your state.

What are the approved agencies for international course evaluations?

Accepted agencies for international evaluations are located at

Registration FAQs

How do I register for classes?

Barring no holds on your student account, you can register for classes online via the S.A.I.L. Student Portal.

How can I request transcripts as an online student?

Students may request transcripts via the S.A.I.L. Student Portal.

Your official transcript can be delivered to any valid e-mail address via secure certified PDF. The Office of the Registrar will process orders within minutes in most cases, but once processed, it is delivered! Processing delays may occur near U.S. holidays.

How can I get my grades?

You can view your grades via the S.A.I.L. Student Portal or on your official transcript.

Financial Aid FAQs

How do I apply for financial aid?

You can learn how to apply for financial assistance on the Financial Aid page.

How do I check on the status of a submitted FAFSA?

You can check the status of your FAFSA immediately after submitting it online. You can check the status of a paper FAFSA after it has been processed (roughly 7-10 days from the date mailed).

To check the status of your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA):

  • Go to the FAFSA on the Web home page and click Start Here to log in, or
  • Call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243).

If your FAFSA is still being processed, we recommend that you wait a few days before checking the status again.

What if I have money left over after paying my tuition and fees?

If you are awarded funds in excess of what you owe in tuition and fees, this remaining balance (called a 'refund') will be distributed to you using the payment option you selected through your Higher One Easy Refund card. This money can then be used to pay for textbooks, etc.

What's the Higher One Easy Refund card?

The Higher One Easy Refund Card is how refunds are processed at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi. It is NOT a credit card! If this is your first semester at A&M-Corpus Christi, your card will be mailed to the billing address you have on file with the University.

Once you receive your card, you must activate it and select a refund preference in order to receive any refund monies from the Business Office.

Learn more about the Easy Refund Card by contacting the Business Office.

When will I get my refund?

You can view a tentative refund schedule via the Business Office web site. You can also log in to your Higher One account to track the progress of any pending refunds.

How do I request additional funds?

Financial Aid Packaging for AP students is based on 3 credit hours per term which is considered half-time status. Students who decide to take 6 hours per term must complete a Change Request (Repack) Form. This form is to be used by the student to request that their financial aid award package be re-packaged so that they can make changes to their initial award decision. Additional documentation may be required.

Technology FAQs

How should I prepare my PC or Mac for my online course(s)?

To ensure your computer runs properly in Blackboard on either PC or MAC, review the 5 Steps to Prepare Your Computer for Blackboard to ensure your computer's optimal performance.

Is there technical assistance available in case I have trouble?

If you are a student having difficulties accessing course materials from your home computer, contact the IT Helpdesk at 866-353-2491 or submit a request via email to

How do I access my online courses?

Students can access their course(s) through Blackboard.

Request Information
*All fields required.
Apply Now